A 2012 “Cycling the Alps” CalendarBy Will • Oct 18th, 2011 • Category: Cycling
Looking for a 2012 calendar that features some of the most famous Alps cycling climbs in France, Italy, and Switzerland? I have made two.
A new one for 2012. And, after lots of positive feedback, an updated 2011 Calendar with 2012 dates. Each comes in two sizes – see below. To purchase, click any of the links below and you will be redirected to the QOOP.com site – orders are placed directly with them.
Here’s a video of the new calendar. Each photo in the calendar is higher quality and zoomed out.
A few quick points:
- I am making no money from this. The price is just what is charged by the printing company QOOP. Orders are placed directly with them.
- I am not (even remotely) a professional photographer. All the photos are taken using a portable digital camera. But the quality of the photos has turned out well even for the larger calendar. This is just for fun.
- While there are cyclists (sometimes me) in a few photos, I have tried to pick photos that highlight the beauty of the climbs.
- I’ve had nothing but good feedback on service and quality from QOOP. Although American, they deliver globally and many of the 2011 purchasers were from Europe.
- Each climb is labeled in the calendar version.
The Famous Climbs Calendar
Below is a preview of the 2nd calendar that received very good feedback last year. It’s the exact same from 2011 – with 2012 dates of course. I call it the Famous Cycling Climbs calendar.
The climbs include: Passo Gavia, Col du Galibier, Col de la Madeleine, Alpe d’Huez, Col du Glandon, Passo dello Stelvio, Col de la Colombière, Mont Ventoux, Col du Tourmalet, St. Gotthard Pass, Col de la Croix Fry, and Passo Sella. Each climb is labeled on the calendar.
Preview of all the photos (of course, they each come with a calendar page in the finished product):
A proof sheet of new Calendar: Each Calendar page is of course far larger: